The client is one of the most recognized household names in Malaysia. Listed on the Main Board of Bursa Malaysia, the customer is now a corporation with a 13,000-strong employee base operating in more than 40 locations worldwide and growing. The client is in various industries from property, construction, retail, hospitality, leisure, healthcare, education, commercial, trading and manufacturing, building materials, quarrying and Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT).
To keep up with the rapidly shifting business dynamics, client has made a milestone decision to leverage the practice of IT Shared Services to support a sustainable growth for the business. Formed in 2003, their IT Shared Services Centre is tasked as a special division to drive two key organizational objectives which to achieve operational efficiency via standardization, and consolidation and optimization of IT resources usage across its subsidiaries.
- The client has difficulty managing the applications and email accounts of Lotus Domino due to the nature of the system that is on premise and will have to set up serves in all the subsidiaries
- Domino Apps that are too old in the environment which is causing customer not being able to perform infra upgrade due to application dependency
- Difficulty in building a support team with Lotus Domino knowledge / experience
- Decentralization and redundancies of operations within an organization cause problems and inefficiencies including compliance issues and technical incompatibility, and client can benefit from a more consolidated approach to business support
Microsoft Office 365 for Enterprises:
- Exchange Online/Outlook
- Skype for Business Online
- Yammer, Teams, SharePoint Online
- Office Online
- Planner & To Do Tasks
Microsoft Office 365 opens up new opportunities for shared services by making it possible for the client to obtain processing capability, storage capacity, and applications without the expense of expanding their on-premises datacenters. And with new hybrid cloud technologies, client have the option of deploying some shared services in the cloud and others in their own datacentres. An easily moving these services between these two environments as circumstances dictate.
- Save the cost of hardware (servers and storage) as data is stored in cloud
- O365 coupled with Barracuda Archiving solution provides unlimited archiving space
- IT deliver support to business units are more effective and improve efficiency
- Customer has reduced / saved on travelling, training, and support / maintenance cost while increasing level of response time and productivity of its employees.