About Our Customer
The customer is the biggest and most successful bumiputra owned publisher in Malaysia. With four key business groups, with various magazines titles in its stable and home to the fastest growing newspaper it is the undisputed leader in a challenging and evolving media industry in the country.
At the heart of the customer’s philosophy is continuous product improvement. They believe in always staying relevant to market expectations. As such, improvements are made constantly to their product. They tweak and improve content for both printed and online outlets to ensure that they meet both of their readers and advertisers challenging demands and needs.
In line with product improvement programs and customer quest in providing variety to their readers and advertisers in content delivery and form, the customer has added another dimension to its brand offering – they launch their own online Web TV. The online TV aims to serve their readers and followers a new form and a new dimension of consuming content. To compete in the market, customer embarked on the journey of business transformation to support their operations.
As majority of their Marketing and Sales department works remotely away from the office, they needed a solution with secure data back-up, increased productivity and flexibility, essentially solving the following challenges.
- Solve inefficiency in their daily operations: It is very difficult and time consuming for the clients to organize meeting as the team are all over the country.
- Low productivity lacking collaboration tools: Client’s challenge is difficulty to disseminate internal communication, reports, new product or just to share the success of the sales team effectively and accurately as they the standard Microsoft Office does not have any access to cloud. Therefore, having a stable IT platform for collaboration and productivity without a huge investment in remote access solutions was key.
- On prem tools, induce IT complexities and costs with maintenance and management
When the client embarked on the journey of business transformation, it was very apparent that they needed digital transformation. They addressed their challenges with Softline and after infrastructure optimization assessment, Softline proposed migration to O365. O365 allowed customers to begin utilizing essential tools such as Outlook, OneDrive, Teams (planer, forms), etc.
To ensure that employees can adopt and utilize O365 in their everyday operations, Softline had conducted a Townhall event with focus on “Customer adoption experience”. During the townhall, Softline experts have provided training on tools and best practices for maximum productivity.
With implementation of Microsoft O365, customer is now very happy to report:
- Increased productivity, where the staff have access to their workplace anytime & anywhere. It also increases collaboration across department within the company
- Distribution of information made easy; meeting can be held at any time at the convenience of the staff regardless of location
- Backup data automatically as everything is saved on cloud and can be access by all staff anywhere and anytime
- Reduced IT complexity and cost software assurance given that O365 is on cloud and always up to date on its version.